Wednesday, April 25, 2018

My Personal Manifesto


My Personal Manifesto

Image result for life reflection
It is us who make our own destiny.
                What I stand for and believe during my early teens were different for what I have now. Before, I just do things I want to do. I will do this, and later on, I will do that. Cherish every moment that I have for I am getting old. I am doing things which makes me happy, deciding for my own sake, which my parents allowed me to do so but in a way that those decisions I had decided will not make me suffer. However, there are events that cannot be controlled or out of our own will. These events may have change the way I think, I act, and what I believe, stand and aim for.

                The saddest part of my life happened when my brother died unexpectedly due to an accident. It had changed the whole me. There are lots of questions that entered my mind: Why him? Why now? Why us? What is happening now? Later? And many more. These questions may have answer but those answers cannot ease the feelings of a mourning man. But the greatest question I had asked for myself is that “Why would I do something today beneficial like studying or working if tomorrow then I will still die? It is a tricky question that made me do the things I happened to do for the first time like smoking, drinking, not attending classes, etc. The values I have were gone that time and I have no more direction in life. It was just changed when my late grandfather talked to me and asked questions which hit the hardest part of myself. He hit the mark where my sufferings started, the death of my brother. I did not tell him that he had hit me, but rather I told him that there is still time to change. It may be late but it is better than never changing at all. My grandfather told me not to blame others for the decisions I made and I will make.

                Now, I am living with the words which says, “Do not blame others for the decisions I made and I will make”. It is true because it is our own choice to do those kind of mistakes or wrong doings. I had answered the greatest question then, and believing and living with it; “We never know what will happen next, that is why we should do something that’s of worth. We should not wait for death before doing the things that can make you happy. There are people behind you especially your family. They expect the best of you. Likewise, you should not waste time for something unworthy. Life is short. Do what you can do now. Do not live with regrets later on. Aim for happiness. Make a difference”.

                Life is full of mystery that is why I want to live it courageously. This means that I will be brave enough to face all uncertainties of life, and all the opportunities that may have cross my path. To define myself, I want to be called as flexible but tough. It is because there are different kinds of people that we may encounter, and it is in our part to adjust.

No comments:

Post a Comment